Monday, October 10, 2011

Thanksgiving Kuwait Style

 Although I was not home for Thanksgiving, the staff who live in my building, the Blue Building, celebrated in style.  Lisa, one of my floor mates, collected the money for the celebration,  and Lisa and I opened up our apartments and hosted the party.  The menu consisted of chickens from the seller by the school, mashed potatoes and fresh steamed vegetables, prepared by one of the grocery stores, salad, buns, and to finish things off, pumpkin pie and lemon meringue pie.  The potatoes were, to quote several people, to die for.  I must admit that they were incredible.
Everyone was very pleased with the dinner and we remembered our Canadian families, who would be celebrating on Monday.

To all of you in Canada, Happy Thanksgiving.

Our Drink Station, right outside my door.

Our appetizer station.

Our fancy table cloth! on the table in my apartment.

Above and below, our feast.


The guests gather to partake of the Thanksgiving Feast.


No comments:

Post a Comment