Friday, March 2, 2012

Florence, Italy - Part III

As soon as our workshop was over, the 4 of us got changed and went out for our last night in Florence.  It was a beautiful, crisp autumn late afternoon without a breath of wind and I made up for the other evenings when I had not taken any pictures.  The River Arno was so smooth that it acted like a mirror and I used it's reflective properties to my heart's content.  What a wonderful way to end my first time in Europe.







The Ponte Vecchio, "The Old Bridge" the oldest of Florence's six bridges, is one of the city's best known images.  Today it is the place to go if you want beautiful gold jewellery and I did take advantage of that.   
I couldn't seem to get enough pictures of The Ponte Vecchio this last day.  It was so beautiful, especially reflected in the water.
 


After walking along the River Arno and taking these reflection pictures, we sauntered over to the  Pitti Palace.  It is a vast mainly Renaissance palace in Florence, Italy.  I lucked out and was able to buy a piece of artwork directly from the artist.  Of course the picture was of The Ponte Vecchio!


The Pitti Palace at sunset.






On the walk back to the hotel I came across these unusual images.  I just couldn't resist.

What an incredibly interesting water fountain.  I was so sorry that it wasn't actually working that night.  I suspect that it would be a sight to see when it is operating.

This fish was in the window of a shop.  It was so grumpy looking that I couldn't resist snapping it's photo.


If you look carefully through the flash of the camera you can see several violins hanging from a beam.  It appears that the person in the back is building these violins.  If it had not been so late, I would have liked to have gone in the shop and inspected these instruments from a much closer point of view.  Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment