Friday, November 11, 2011

The building and buildings of Kuwait.

 The architecture of Kuwait fascinates me.  As I have gone through my pictures of Kuwait, I have found that I have actually taken quite a few, so decided to share them with you.  The country truly is a mix of the old and the new.




I must admit that I have never sign such a large poster as this one is.



This is the top of one of the buildings.  A very different shape than I had seen before.

I can't believe how many of this style of building I have seen - the gentle swirl.  And remember that these buildings are being erected on sand.

Please notice that at the top of the mosque are loud speakers so that people can hear the call to prayer.  And of course, just behind you can see a building being worked on.

This building may not be that unique in it's style, but I managed to catch a picture of 4 of the workmen being taken up to the top of it by the crane.


What I found interesting about this, was that "arm" that is extending out toward me, was actually being swung around by the crane on top of the building beside where I was.  When I first say the arm, I actually thought it was going to hit the building I was in. The picture may not show it, but the arm actually looked very close.


The top of an almost completed building.  No flat roofs here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment