Friday, August 26, 2011

My First Cooked Meal



I realize that this may not look like the greatest meal in the world, but it is the first meal that I cooked in my kitchen here in Kuwait.  I also realize that this meal was not cooked on the second day that I was here.  It was a process.  The first full day that we were here, we were taken food shopping.  I bought the ingredients for the meal then, but of course, I had nothing to cook a meal in.  The next night we were taken shopping and I bought pots and dishes at Ikea, so I now had the means to cook my meal.  The next time that we were home and I needed to cook my supper, I discovered that I couldn't get my stove to work.  I wasn't sure who to ask about what I was doing wrong, so that meant another night of not being able to cook.  The next night I was able to find out that I was actually out of propane, and was able to get my tank replaced.  Now, I could finally cook a meal.  You are viewing the results.  My first meal, using my new dishes and cutlery, on one of the place-mats that my sister, Caroline, made for me.  AND  it tasted wonderful.  Bon Appetit!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment