Friday, August 26, 2011

My First Iftar

Last night, the owners of the school, invited the staff to the Sahara Country Club, here in Kuwait. (Just in case you can't tell, if you click on the Sahara Country Club, you will be taken to their home page, and you can get an even better idea of where I was).  We joined the Al Reyes family for Iftar.  Iftar, refers to the evening meal when Muslims break their fast during the Islamic month of Ramadan.  It was quite the meal.  If you went away hungry, it was your own fault.  There were all sorts of salads, vegetables, breads, soups, meats, appetizers, and desserts.  I did my best to sample them all. :)  Although my pictures of the event probably don't do it just, I hope that you can get an idea of all the grass that surrounds the club house, and the size of the room and staff here at AIS.  I believe that there are over 100 teaching staff for Pre-kindergarten through Grade 12.  I will be lucky to remember half of those names!!



No comments:

Post a Comment